Learning to love myself because there’s no one left who will
I wish I looked like a famous person so I could make a living impersonating them and getting free things
I just told my mom I couldn’t do the dishes because I was doing my physics homework and didn’t want to *lose momentum*
Then I moonwalked away
Yes! I definitely have insight. Here are some of the top reasons I think astronomy is a useful career path to follow.
- Undergraduate unemployment rate is above 99.5% So you can technically say there is a 100% employment rate for astronomy undergrads. That being said, many astronomy students go onto graduate school.. and note that a PhD is typical, it is a lot of work!
- For most majors, if you want to attend graduate school, its out of your own pocket.. However with astronomy and other sciences you typically are granted a mixture of fellowships and work as a teaching assistant or research assistant — covers tuition and includes a stipend. (I can’t really give a source to this, but look up individual graduate schools for information)
- The pay is great!
So thats basically just statistics and how being an astronomy student will be a good, stable path to follow
(the stuff you tell your parents when they question you)
But it is also useful in so many other ways!!!
- "Astronomy is a science that seeks to explain everything that we observe in the Universe. By studying the cosmos beyond our own planet, we can understand where we came from, where we are going, and how physics works under conditions which are impossible to recreate on Earth. In astronomy, the Universe is your laboratory!"
- You literally get to spend your life learning about space. How is that not awesome? Amazing?
- YOU ADVANCE HUMANITIES KNOWLEDGE OF STUFF. LEARN THINGS NO ONE KNOWS. Like you could be the one who discovers what dark matter is. Find life on other planets. You could find something no one had any idea could be a thing
ASTRONOMY IS JUST AMAZING AND YOU GET TO LEARN SO MUCH ALL THE TIME
I have so much to do, room to clean, physics to read, homework to start on and workouts to do. I’d much rather lay in bed.